At FLEX our top quality, up to date Physiotherapists can help you with a wide range of injuries.
- Injury Assessment
- Diagnosis with a clear explanation
- Hands on Manual Therapy to restore movement and relieve pain
- Rehabilitation using hands on techniques, exercises, self management strategies and individualised recovery programs
We work as a team together with regular, clear communication between our therapists to offer you optimal care utilising the best of our combined knowledge and skills.
Our Physiotherapists attend regular professional development workshops and conferences.
We are committed to staying on the forefront of research and spend time every week discussing research, treatment strategies, case reviews, and learning from each other.
At FLEX we also offer affordable pricing to encourage you to look after yourself.
Effective Hands On Physiotherapy:
- Supervised and instructed by APPI pilates trained Physiotherapists
- Limited to 6 participants per class for close supervision and social distancing (In many timeslots there are just 5).
- Suitable for injured and uninjured clients
- Using affordable, portable exercise equipment you can buy and use at home independently
- Conveniently close to the CBD for busy people
- Affordable and covered by Private Health Insurance, leaving little out of pocket expense
- Tailored to the needs and goals of the participants due to our Pilates Screenings
Helping You Understand and Improve your own Body
Recognise non optimal movement strategies and retrain more optimal patterns
- Develop a strong abdomen, lower back, and buttocks
- Improve your posture and flexibility
- Learn breath awareness and release tension
- Master better body control, becoming stronger in both upper and lower body
- Help prevent injury via improved body awareness, or recover from your injury
- Relax, rejuvenate and feel better
Active Rehabilitation Approach
We require all clients to attend a FLEXercise Screening appointment to allow one of our physiotherapists to assess your ability level, strengths, weaknesses and goals so we can set exercises at the right level to challenge you safely and target the areas you want to improve in.
We are really keen to hear your feedback, ideas, and which days and timeslots suit you.
We treat a wide variety of issues
We require all clients to attend a FLEXercise Screening appointment to allow one of our physiotherapists to assess yo
- neck and lower back pain
- post operative rehabilitation
- pelvic, lower bakc and hip issues
- pregnancy and post partum care - getting your body back on track after baby
- peristent and recurrent pain
- full shoulder rehabilitation, from post operative early days all the way through to full recovery
- spinal issues and referrals from neurosurgeons and pain specialists
- gait analysis & running screenings
- feet, ankles and big toe optimal loading retraining to help you walk more comfortably
FLEXercise Pilates Principles to Retrain more Optimal Movement
- Recognise & Retrain non-optimal movement patterns
- Research based rehabilitation
- Control - using core and proximal stability
- Flowing, smooth, easy movement
- Dissociation - learning multiple movement options
As Physiotherapists, we also refer to "Dissociation" which combines the concepts of centering, control and precise, flowing movement. Dissociation means that you can hold one region stable whilst moving independently at a nearby segment. (eg. stabilise your spine as you flex and extend at your hip) Physiotherapy research shows us this skill is important in rehabilitation of injuries, as well as in preventing injuries.